Right, so you have your flights sorted, you have chosen where you would like to stay after reading A Guide to staying in Bali… what’s next you ask? Only the best (and my favourite) part ever! Now you get to plan what you will see and do whilst you are on your holiday. Bali has so much on offer from the wild and crazy to the cultural and tame.
1. ATV Biking Beach and Rice Paddies This is such a great day out (and the fresh air, salt water and views are the best hangover cure, tried and tested kiddies!).
2. Tanah Lot Temple– This is a beautiful temple on the beach, great at sunset! Hot Tip: There is a great restaurant opposite Tanah lot temple on the headland Bayu Pertiwi Cafe, the view is mean’t to be spectacular at sunset.
3. Do go chasing waterfalls – Git Git is one very impressive 70m+ waterfall that is a must!
4. Ulun Danu Temple – This is the temple of the water goddess and makes for a great
5. Day clubbing – There is nothing better than a good Sunday sesh at one of Bali best day clubs (check out a guide to playing in Bali – clubs edition!)
6. Monkey see, Monkey do – Monkey forests are such a great and interactive activity whilst in Bali, check out Ubud monkey forest or Sengeh forest.
7. Get your bargain on – Ubud markets is like the equivilent to Paddy’s markets, you will get to do some great shopping!
8. Day trippin’ – Not what you think it means! I’m talking about heading to Uluwatu and checking out the amazing beaches and restaurants!
9. Adrenaline Junkie? If you want to get your heart rate pumping, check out doing the water rafting or if you are after something to test your skills, tree-top ziplining is super popular!
If you’re staying longer than 7 days in Bali, I highly recommend a trip out to one of the Gili Islands just off Lombok. This is where you will find crystal clear water, great for snorkelling and scuba diving. Check out A Guide to Gili Trawangan for inspiration!
“Take only memories, leave only footsteps”