Barcelona is the Catalonian capital in Spain and is so lively and colourful. This city was a highlight on my European tour for its amazing sights as well as being able to taste some of its amazing food. Here are just
some of the must needed activities for you to try out on your trip:
- Go to church – If you do one thing in Barcelona, you MUST visit and enter the Sagrada Familia. This was designed by the amazing Antonio Gaudi and even if you aren’t remotely religious you will still get goosebumps.
- Street walking – The best place to do shopping and people watching would have to be along the La Rambla.
- On the market – In saying that, no trip to La Rambla is complete without checking out the Boqueria Markets, amazing fruits, vegetables, fresh juices and of course the amazing choice of cakes, sweets and ice cream!
Eat Eat Eat! – Paella and Tapas are a must on every visit to Barcelona (or Spain in general). The best thing about Tapas is that you are able to have smaller portions so you can eat more and try everything!
Wash it down – Nothing matches the amazing flavours of Spanish food quite like some sangria. This popular drink is a must when dining out, you won’t be disappointed!
- Take a hike – If you are feeling a little full after all the food, a hike up Montjuic is the best cure for that! At the top the view of Barcelona is spectacular.
- Party time – Barcelona is very well known for its nightlife and there are some pretty amazing bars around the city. Hot tip, be-friend the locals and you they will take you to some private bars no-one knows exists!
- Relax on the beach – After all the partying you will need a break, so take a trip to the beach and soak up the sun.
- Parc it – Undoubtedly, one of the most amazing places you will see on your trip to Barcelona. If you have ever seen the movie the Grinch, you’ll will understand what I mean when I say its like Whoville!
- Morning Sunshine – One of my favourite moments on my trip was seeing the sunrise over Barcelona beach, if you can be an early bird just once, you will thank yourself for it!
- Visit the Gothic Quarter – If you are looking for some amazing photo opportunities, you can spend hours here happy snapping!
“Take only memories, leave only footsteps”