If you are a lover of history and amazing architecture then you cannot go past Edinburgh, it is the home of gorgeous buildings and gardens perfect for photo opportunities.
- Edinburgh Castle – This medieval castle sits perched upon the hill and looks down on the city, it gave me goosebumps the first time I looked up and saw it.
- Home on the Hill – Check out Carlton hill for some amazing views from the city, a lot of the cities iconic pictures come from this spot!
- Hurry to Currie – If you have a day to explore north, head to the pentlands in currie, the countryside is just spectacular, great for long walks.
- Get your steps up – Get active and check out Scots Monument, you will not regret climbing into the very skinny stairwell to get to the top, the view is incredible.
- Search for the monster – Spend a day getting to know the Scottish Countryside and head out to Loch Ness in the highlands. This is best done with a tour company, they give you so many fun facts along the way. Jump on a cruise as well, but bring a beanie it is freezing on the water!
- Urquhart Castle – This castle is on the edge of the Loch Ness and is full of history, definitely worth the walk around!
- Picnic in the Park – Grab some wine and cheese and head to Princes Park. This is beautiful park in the middle of the city, great for relaxing in the sunshine.
- Holyrood Park – Head out to Holyrood castle and walk some of their hikes.
- Walk a mile – The Royal Mile that is. This is the main street in old town Edinburgh that is filled with great restaurants and shops. At night it turns into a bustling street filled with night owls.
- Arthurs Seat – This is the main peak in a cluster of mountains in Edinburgh, giving it the best spot for a view of the city.
“Take only memories, leave only footsteps”